New Opel Grandland X Reaches AUTOBEST 2018 Final Six
- Recently tested, now already in the final: Grandland X amongst “Best Buy Cars of Europe” according to jury
- Convincing qualities: New Opel compact SUV impresses with design, leading technologies and functionality
- Success story: Opel multiple award winner in prestigious international competition
Rüsselsheim. Despite only having recently celebrated its world premiere at the Frankfurt Motor Show and having just been tested by members of the media, the new Opel Grandland X has surpassed many of its rivals and been named one of the finalists for the European “AUTOBEST 2018”. The jury of the prestigious international competition announced this today. A jury consisting of journalists from 31 European countries tests new models eligible for the coveted award. The winner is named “Best Buy Car of Europe 2018”. By reaching the final, the dynamic Opel compact SUV is one of six remaining strong contenders for the title. The AUTOBEST jury evaluates the candidates in various categories such as flexibility, design and new technologies along with the service network, availability of parts and price.
The new Opel Grandland X excels in many areas: Modern, athletic lines, cool off-road look along with typical SUV qualities such as elevated seating position and good all round visibility. Furthermore, the adventurous newcomer comes with numerous leading technologies such as IntelliGrip electronic traction control along with plenty of space and comfort for up to five passengers. All this is offered at an attractive price-performance ratio and has helped the new challenger in the SUV segment qualify for the AUTOBEST 2018 final. The decisive evaluation will take place during numerous test drives along with further assessments on the test track in Vairano (Italy). The winner – the “Best Buy Car of Europe” – will be announced in mid-December.
Opel’s latest contender, the Grandland X, is following a good Opel tradition. The Rüsselsheim-based carmaker has celebrated multiple honours in various categories of the prestigious AUTOBEST awards in recent years:
- In 2007 and 2015, the Opel Corsa won the AUTOBEST award, enabling both generations of the small car all-rounder to carry the title of “Best Buy Car of Europe”.
- In 2009, the first generation Opel Insignia wowed the jury with its styling and took the DESIGNBEST award.
- Elsewhere, the Opel Ampera and the Opel Ampera-e demonstrated environmentally friendly mobility with both winning the ECOBEST award in 2011 and 2016 respectively.
- Furthermore, the current Opel Astra generation won the 2015 SAFETYBEST award for its trendsetting IntelliLux LED® matrix headlights.
- And as the Opel credo “Sculptural artistry meets German precision” is valid for both the models as well as the entire company according to the jury, Opel was presented with the COMPANYBEST award in 2016.
Further information about official fuel consumption, official specific CO2 emissions and consumption of electric energy can be found in the “guideline about fuel consumption, CO2 Emissions and electric energy consumption of new passenger cars” ('Leitfaden über den Kraftstoffverbrauch, die CO2-Emissionen und den Stromverbrauch neuer Personenkraftwagen') in German language, which is available free of charge at any point of sales and at DAT Deutsche Automobil Treuhand GmbH, Helmuth-Hirth-Straße 1, D-73760 Ostfildern.
Manager International Product Communications
Tel.: +49 6142/7-51 246
Group Manager International Product Communications
Tel.: +49 6142/7–55 215
Mobile: +49 151 17 47 39 54