Opel Combo, Vivaro and Movano: Tailored for Every Task
- Wide range of use: More than 400 commercial vehicle variants available ex-works
- Guaranteed quality: Cooperation with Opel-certified body builders
- Conversions2Go: One stop, integrated in price lists – value for money
Rüsselsheim. The rolls of a bakery, the spare parts of an artisan, parcels of an online shopping company or gravel for the construction site: transportation is a diverse business and requires specific knowhow. With its light commercial vehicles Combo, Vivaro and Movano, Opel can offer a successful trio with payloads ranging from 800 to over 2,000 kilograms and cargo space ranging from 3.4 m3 to 22 m3.
Opel has always been well positioned to meet all customer requirements with over 400 commercial vehicle variants already available ex-works. In addition, Opel is cooperating with numerous renowned converters who can also offer bespoke solutions. Collected under the name “Conversions2Go” customers can benefit from high-quality solutions included in the Opel price lists. Furthermore, there are multiple additional conversion solutions available based on Opel donor vehicles ranging from refrigerated bodies to vans/boxes, right up to people transportation, blue light and special purpose vehicles. In order to provide the best solution for every customer need and cover all conversion segments, Opel offers three different sales procedures:
1. Factory solutions: Opel offers from factory the most common conversions such as dropsides, tippers, minibuses, crew vans and box bodies itself. The entire business transaction starting with the choice of the model is handled by a single contact. The customers benefit from all customary advantages offered by the carmaker such as the full Opel warranty, the extensive ex-works services and the complete aftersales portfolio.
2. Opel Conversions2Go: Opel provides the base vehicle, certified partners take care of the conversion for the specific purpose on behalf of Opel. The conversion and installation options range from a Vivaro with specific Sortimo van equipment or a Bott organization system to a Movano aluminum tipper/dropside by JPM. Opel handles the sales of the modified vehicles. The benefits for the customer:
- Model diversity: Customers can choose from an even wider offer included in the Opel price list.
- Customer proximity: Customers only have one point of contact. They contact Opel or the respective Opel Professional Partner directly with all wishes and requirements, thus saving time and leveraging Opel’s expertise.
- Reliability: The Opel guarantee is valid for the base vehicle; the certified converter grants equivalent guarantee conditions for the conversion and servicing.
- Value for money/TCO: The Opel price list approach enables higher residual values and high levels of technology. In many cases, weight is also reduced considerably.
3. Other certified conversions: To meet the higher needs of customization and fulfil 100 percent of customer requirements, Opel is collaborating with additional body builders. In this case, the customer is in direct contact with the dealer and the converter to clearly define the scope of work. To qualify as an Opel-certified conversion, an engineer from Germany will have already checked the quality and technical adherence to body builder guidelines defined by Opel Engineering. A further key part of the Opel-certified attributes is a warranty equivalent to the one provided by Opel. Furthermore, every Opel-certified conversion is covered by a product liability insurance provided by the converter and spare parts availability is ensured for 12 years after the conversion is delivered to the customer.
Opel offers solutions from leading converters who invest in research and development of high quality products and state-of-the-art technology, making the Rüsselsheim-based company an attractive partner. In addition, the carmaker can offer attractive conditions thanks to the cooperation with respected European conversion specialists such as Bott, Store Van, Gruau, JPM, Lamberet, Oberaigner, Snoeks, Scattolini, City Box, Coolingvans or Sortimo.
While two years ago around 160 Opel-certified conversion solutions were available in nine countries across Europe, customers in 27 countries can now choose from more than 800 conversions for specific purposes. The variety of special conversions and the network of partners are constantly growing. Furthermore, there are still various regional possibilities of realizing unique vehicles based on Opel commercial vehicles. The local Opel sales organization will provide assistance in such cases.
“The cooperation between Opel and our certified partners is a win-win situation. We benefit from our conversion partners but so do our customers. People who put their trust in us will get a tailored product with the technical approval of Opel Engineering and the knowhow of specialists, enabling our customers to receive leading, bespoke conversions from a single source,” said Opel/Vauxhall Director Commercial Vehicles, Steffen Raschig.
Further information about official fuel consumption, official specific CO2 emissions and consumption of electric energy can be found in the “guideline about fuel consumption, CO2 Emissions and electric energy consumption of new passenger cars” ('Leitfaden über den Kraftstoffverbrauch, die CO2-Emissionen und den Stromverbrauch neuer Personenkraftwagen') in German language, which is available free of charge at any point of sales and at DAT Deutsche Automobil Treuhand GmbH, Helmuth-Hirth-Straße 1, D-73760 Ostfildern.
Manager International Product Communications
Tel.: +49 6142/7-51 246