Large Opel Models Delight at the Bodensee Klassik
- Spectators applaud the historic Kapitän, Admiral and Diplomat fleet
- Opel VP Sales & Aftersales Peter Küspert in the Diplomat B V8 presidential limousine
- Actors Roman Knižka and Tim Wilde shine as approachable Opel celebrities
- Brand ambassador Joachim Winkelhock celebrated in rare Kapitän A V8
Rüsselsheim. The 6th edition of the Bodensee Klassik took place on picturesque circular routes starting in Bregenz and the competitors crossed over the borders between Germany, Switzerland and Austria. The spectators once again got their money’s worth and could enjoy the large Opel flagships ranging from the Kapitän to the Admiral and Diplomat right up the new Insignia Grand Sport.
The Opel fleet was led by a Diplomat B V8 with an extended wheelbase. It was used as one of the presidential limousines when US President Gerald Ford visited Germany. Opel Vice President Sales & Aftersales Peter Küspert was behind the wheel of the Diplomat during the Bodensee Klassik. “This is a piece of living automotive history. Our Diplomat is a really impressive car and the V8 engine ticks over beautifully. The spectators were gripped and listened attentively – and so did I,” said Küspert, who was joined in the car by Roman Knižka. Elsewhere, fellow actor Tim Wilde shared the cockpit of the rare Kapitän V8 – this engine was normally reserved for the Admiral and Diplomat and only 130 Kapitän V8s were produced – with Opel brand ambassador and racing legend Joachim Winkelhock.
The route of the 6th Bodensee Klassik spanned around 600 stunning and challenging kilometers on scenic side roads through Germany, Austria and Switzerland. Each stage started and finished in Bregenz, state capital of the Austrian federal province of Vorarlberg. Day one saw the participants drive to Bad Waldsee in Upper Swabia. On day two, the rally headed to Kempten and back. And on the third and final day the 180 classic cars drove through beautiful Vorarlberg and the charming Appenzell.
The Opel models at the Bodensee Klassik
- Number 11, 1976 Opel Diplomat B V8 extended wheelbase
- Number 12, 1966 Opel Kapitän A V8
- Number 13, 1956 Opel Kapitän / Opel Senator A
- Number 14, 1991 Lotus Omega
- Number 15, 1966 Opel Admiral A V8
- Number 16, 1972 Opel Commodore B GS/E
Manager Opel Classic
Tel.: +49 6142/7-74 083
Mobile: +49 170 339 5246